Hey guys! My niece just turned two! So naturally we had to throw her a birthday party. Hmm...what theme should we throw for a two year old ...

Minnie Mouse Birthday Party!

4:21 PM Elizabeth Breton 1 Comments

Hey guys! My niece just turned two! So naturally we had to throw her a birthday party. Hmm...what theme should we throw for a two year old girl?? Minnie Mouse of course!!
Sorry the pictures aren't all that great. I dropped my phone a few days prior to the party and it got scratched. But I will share anyways. :)

 
Here is a picture of our table with all the goodies. Everyone pitched in and made something. For the backdrop, I went to downtown LA and purchased some polka dot fabric. Now that i'm looking at it, I think i should have added a little more of a contrast with the table cloth. I kind of went polka dot crazy! Perhaps a white table runner would have worked to break up the polka dot madness. Lol!
I was in charge of all the decorations (I volunteered of course). And a part of me also enjoys baking. So I made these cupcakes. Now, I enjoy baking, but I didn't say I am good at decorating cupcakes. Haha! I searched the web for some inspirational pictures on Minnie Mouse cupcakes. This is what I came up with. I made a cream cheese frosting and used fruit roll up for the bow.

My sister made these delicious cake pops in the shape of Minnie Mouse, and put them in cute little baggies and tied a polka dot ribbon! The Minnie Mouse topiaries were made out of white styrofoam balls. I painted them black and added a polka dot bow in between the ears. I don't think I have a good picture of the entire thing, but the pot was from the Dollar Tree, and I painted it red with white polka dots.

The banner was made using poster paper from the Dollar Tree. I used a Martha Stewart border punch and printed out the letters in Walt Disney font. This project was super easy and very inexpensive.

My lovely twin sister and her adorable daughter, Giselle!
Oh yeah! And my other sister Miriam gets credit for the Minnie Mouse drawings! She did those free hand!!! Aren't they amazing?! Great job sis!
My last minute project! I made this cupcake stand the day of the party.
Here I am with my adorable niece!! She is so freakin' cute!! Thanks guys for stopping by. I would love it if you left me a comment! :) Please head over to my facebook page and like it! Thanks a mil!!




1 comment:

  1. I impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon. hair highlights shades This is very interesting. thanks for that. we need more sites like this. i commend you on your great content and excellent topic choices.

    ReplyDelete